Recruiting challenge solutions–Steps to address recruiting issues…Human resource professionals in a complex talent acquisition environment, know the impact that the tight labor market continues to make on the availabilty of qualified candidates, the quality of new hires, and the recruiting time to source, screen and hire them. Many talent acquisition leaders have found that traditional recruiting methods such as advertising on job boards and holding hiring events aren’t yielding enough of the right candidates.
However, there are many steps that can be taken to address these issues including:
- Expanding job marketing efforts through social media platforms
- Broadening the candidate search to larger search areas
- Outsourcing recruiting efforts to a staffing or recruiting agency
- Hiring external support such as Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) companies or independent contractors to boost recruiting bandwidth
It’s important to take a closer look at how a sourcing approach, rather than traditional “just-in-time” recruitment can bolster recruiting results, and how a trusted recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) provider can partner with your organization to deliver robust and cost-effective solutions. “Business’ number one problem is finding qualified workers,” Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody’s Analytics, said in a statement. “At the current pace of job growth, if sustained, this problem is set to get much worse. These labor shortages will only intensify across all industries and company sizes.”
According to “The Global Skills Shortage Report” from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) in 2019, “83% of HR professionals had trouble recruiting suitable candidates. Over one-third report a decrease in applicant quality across the board, and 45% report a decrease in quality for specific positions.” It’s also estimated that a significant majority of the workforce is open to making a job move.
Today’s talent shortage presents a challenge for human resources professionals who also face staffing, time and budget constraints. HR professionals and employers are overwhelmed with priorities and may lack the resources to build and manage a sourcing and recruiting process that efficiently delivers the right talent to organizations.
Recruiting managers face many challenges:
- Talent shortage, ie., tight labor market
- Vetting candidate qualifications efficiently and accurately
- Increasing time to hire
- Fixed/reduced recruitment budgets
- Finite numbers of approved staff
- Divided focus – HR professionals are pulled in many directions
- Unplanned recruitment requests
- Absence of recruitment strategy
- Little or no candidate engagement
- Absence of employer branding strategy
Negative outcomes of these challenges can be:
- Lower-quality hires
- Lack of talent attraction efforts and pipeline
- Increased employee turn-over due to bad hires
- Longer hiring timeframes
- Costly hiring
- Lack of scalability of recruiting efforts
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) partners bring a singular focus to sourcing needs with a competitive sourcing process that overcomes today’s tight talent market. Integral to this solution is an extensive sourcing pool.
RPO’s combine multiple sources including social media in custom recruiting solutions to provide a wider, deeper pool of potential candidates-both employed (passive) and unemployed (active). This facilitates the ability to recruit more highly qualified candidates in less time at lower costs.
RPO’s can help source better candidates
To source the best candidates, it is helpful to go beyond skills, experience and education to develop a candidate profile for each position.
Candidate Profiles- a good RPO partner will work with your team to develop a representation of the ideal candidate which includes other, less tangible characteristics that make someone the perfect hire. This often includes characteristics like personality traits, career goals, company culture and emotional intelligence. Together with candidate experience, skills and education, a candidate profile is instrumental in defining the position and job description. The profile also serves as a guidepost to what will motivate candidates, where to find them and how to engage them.
The candidate profile helps to improve these processes:
- Time-to-hire rates
- Sourcing passive candidates
- Candidate experience
- Quality of hire
- Employee turn-over /retention rates
- Company branding
Once the job description is created, an RPO partner will promote the position and begin the sourcing process.
RPO’s provide deeper vetting—highly-trained and experienced recruiters follow a multi-step process that includes:
- Identifying online sources where ideal candidates can be found
- Screening out responses that do not meet qualifications or the profile
- Creating a shortlist of candidates for review
- Vetting of all shortlisted candidates approved
- Providing continuous updates on recruiting metrics specified at the project’s outset.
Reduced Time to Hire
By partnering with an RPO, organizations benefit from dedicated recruiters and a quicker hiring process.
- Dedicated recruiters provide their undivided attention to efficiently source, vet and hire candidates.
- RPO recruiters specialize in specific career areas bringing depth and understanding to better engage with candidates and make more informed candidate assessments faster.
- RPO’s have a top-notch screening process which reduces the number of interviews required.
RPO services are customized and scalable, allowing organizations to scale up and down recruiting efforts as priorities and objectives change. For instance, organizations can:
- Add screeners and recruiters as needed
- Eliminate excess capacity as needed
- Engage in multimedia recruiting depending on hiring needs
Reduced Cost Per Hire
Organizations face many challenges to optimize scarce resources and seek to reduce labor and hiring cost, while still achieving their targeted business outcomes. RPO’s can help to identify candidates who are a good fit for an organization which can help increase employee retention rates and save on future hiring costs. If an organization has a larger amount of hiring to do, hiring in-house recruiters would add ongoing annual costs. RPO’s can help when monthly hiring volume is high and they provide the benefit of delivering turnkey talent that will align with an organization’s objectives and still be less expensive than using a contingency recruiter for many monthly hires.
- In-house recruiters also incur indirect expenses such as benefits, training and other indirect costs
- It is costly to hire temporary employees and use staffing agencies, because of supervisory, training, and other management costs
- RPO’s can achieve savings on the hiring cost of unfilled positions because they have resources, technology and expertise to fill positions more quickly
Hire Outcomes HR offers a suite of recruitment support services to over stretched human resource managers in small to medium Midwest health care organizations. We partner with you to find quality candidates with the emotional intelligence to serve patients with enthusiasm and compassion.
About Ethos Global
Since its founding in 2002, Ethos Global, a trusted recruitment-process-outsourcing (RPO) provider, has partnered with organizations like yours to bolster their recruitment capabilities rapidly and cost effectively to deliver more quality candidates in less time at less cost.
Today, through more than 200 full-time dedicated global recruiters in four global offices, Ethos Global provides employers access to an expanded labor pool and extended recruiting staff and network.
Learn more about Hire Outcomes HR, call us at 651-797-3479.
No responses yet